You are here:
In this section (local navigation):
- Academies: is staff absence insurance a requirement?
- Accounting for VAT: LA-maintained schools
- Administrative tasks in schools
- Advantages of being a cheque book school
- Annual report and financial statements: academies
- Benchmarking data: questions to generate discussion and analysis
- Business rates: academies
- Charitable status: eligibility and guidance
- Donations: requirements and guidance
- Employers’ liability insurance: must we have it?
- Financial benchmarking data: sources of information
- Food expenses: tax regulations
- Insurance for school trips: guidance and examples
- Insurance: foundation schools new
- Internal audit: purpose and preparation
- Mobile phone: paying expenses to staff
- Multi-academy trusts: accounting
- Musical instruments: insurance
- Parent teacher associations: reporting and auditing accounts
- Private/voluntary fund accounts: academies
- PTAs: are they covered by schools’ insurance?
- Recovering value added tax (VAT): purchases made by staff
- Returns required from academies
- Rewarding staff: can we use money from lettings? (academies) updated
- Staff absence insurance: providers
- Staff running a fitness class for other staff
- Statement of Internal Control: no longer a requirement
- Travel expenses: are they taxed? (LA-maintained schools)
- Unclaimed money: can schools donate it to charity?
- Unofficial funds: what can they be used for?
- VA schools: can they reclaim VAT on ICT expenditure?
- Value added tax (VAT): school trips
- Voluntary fund: can a local authority insist on access?
- Charging for activities, services and resources
- Commissioning, procurement and payment
- Licensing and copyright
- School budget
Food expenses: tax regulations
Become a member of The Key to view this article in full
As a visitor to this site you have limited access to our service and can view article summaries only. Members can view 3,000+ articles in full and ask our researchers to answer their questions. Find out more about becoming a member of The Key.
Free trial membership You can register for a free trial membership by clicking the button on the right.
- Printer friendly
- Add to print cart
- Give feedback
- Subscribe to updates
Become a member of The Key
The Key provides expert, practical answers to school leaders' questions and publishes them online as articles. As a visitor to this site you have limited access to our service and can view article summaries only. Members have access to 3,000+ articles in full and can ask our researchers to answer their questions. Find out more about becoming a member of The Key.
You can register for a free trial membership by clicking the button on the right.
See how The Key can support you